Friday, May 10, 2013

Project 513: Another Day

https://soundcloud.com/justincredible-2/project-513-another-day

This song was inspired by listening to the synth parts of The Wanted's "Glad You Came". I initially thought of doing a cover of it but I got distracted. Oh wells... it happens.

In this song, I used a few drum and synth samples from both Garageband and online. My keyboard is an M-audio Keystation 49e played through the recording software (Garageband). I duplicated the tracks with the distorted synth to make the sequence precise. For the first bar of the intro, I tried finding something smooth. The "Planetarium" is the closest sound I can find (sort of like the intro to Katy Perry's "California Gurls").

Unlike my previous electronic composition, "Another Day" has a unique pattern. In "A Sight of Paradise", I used the pattern of intro->verse->Chorus->verse->Chorus->Bridge->Chorus/Outro. The new song goes: Intro->Verse->Chorus->Verse->Bridge (or Pre-Chorus)->Chorus->Verse/End. The unusual-ness of it gives a sort of trademark. Me and my wild ideas, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment